I said things would get dirtier as the year rolls on, but I think I’m going to save the real face-bleeders until the second half of the year. May is an mmm umber month then; earthy, thatched and creosoted, rained out picnic, unmade road, stubborn thrusts, warm slate in a birchwood thunderstorm, sweaty fumbles in a fermented spinney, sunny benches that you remember forty years later and the slightly creepy ruins of a long-deserted cottage.
Mostly instrumental too…
- Glass Operator David Byrne
- La Llorona Trío Montealbán
- Edo Lullaby Ensemble Nipponia
- Bathe With Me Directorsound
- Facades Philip Glass
- Apollons Aftonsång Sagor & Swing
- 4 Roses pour Marie Pascal Comelade
- Withnail’s Theme David Dundas & Rick Wentworth
- Eternal Sunshine Theme Jon Brion
- Garden in the Rain Darren Allen
- Hexagons Above Dovestones S. McLoughlin & A. Cooper / Emerald Web
- Konevitsan kirkonkellot Ulla Katajavuori
I also said I wasn’t going to share another one of my songs, but there, I did. Not that, of course, it matches the majesty of any of the tracks it sits next to here though.
Don’t forget it is Modern Sin#452 to listen to this music, any music, over crappy youtube uploads (which are just here for reference) or through shitty [white] earbuds or speakers. You wouldn’t slather a Michelin star meal with ketchup now would you? Respect the art!
If you like these tracks do take a look at the other month-mixes. If you don’t like them, readjust your psyche by entering an affective matrix that rewards parts of you that you don’t normally give soft-selfed existential attention to (in this case, perhaps, take a long stroll through a wet forest at sunrise after a tremendous orgasm) and then keep listening until you do.